These three categories are best addressed by the establishment and funding of an emergency fund.
A rule of thumb here is 3-6 months of living expenses.
Factors affecting the amount would be
• The age of home and vehicles
• Deductible and co-pays for all insurance plans
• Nature and stability of the work that you do
• Honest assessment of your health
The money accumulated here should be in savings/investment products such as:
• Savings/money market accounts
• Short term bond funds
• Certificates of Deposit
• Corporate bonds